Getting ready for 2015 travels

Click on image for larger view.
Click on no comments to leave one.

Thursday, June 14, 2018


Our drive today was to Bryce Canyon National Park. We were there in the early 90s and with all of our travels I have said it is the most beautiful park and today that confirmed my belief. On the road in we drove through Red Canyon and WOW, the light was right and the canyon is an awesome welcome on the way to Bryce and we knew that on the way out the light would be different and another WOW.
The Senior Pass is one of the best $10 I ever spent as the entrance fee to this park is now $35. After we stopped at the visitor center out first stop was Sunrise Point at an elevation of 8015 feet and about a .5 mile walk from the parking area and when we reached the rim we were in awe once again. It is hard to share in words and pictures the feelings of pleasure and sense of awesome wonder. We pulled into every view point with the same feeling. In the areas where you can see the hiking trails I had to hold back because I wanted to go into the canyon like I did many years ago but at 8 to 9,000 feet I held back and Karen kept watch over me.
We stopped for lunch at one of the overlooks and didn’t want to leave and as we continued our drive back Karen spotted some Prong Horn Sheep and I was able to get a few pictures. We stopped in Bryce Canyon City and had an ice cream sundae and picked up a couple of nice place mats for our dining table. Then we drove back through Red Canyon and decided to go back and explore it the next day.




























No comments:

Post a Comment