As we prepared to leave Eloy Arizona for the last time, I
was checking the air in the 5th wheel tires and discovered that the
inside of the rear tires had excessive wear and had to change one of them then
head for Tucson where I bought a replacement.
We camped at the Pima county Fairgrounds and visited the Arizona
Sonora Desert Museum and enjoyed the very well-built park. There were a lot of
different trails and exhibits from desert plants to animals, reptiles, several botanical
gardens and an aquarium. There was also a walk-in aviary as well as a humming
bird aviary and Raptor free flight demonstrations. This was well worth the
visit.
We had lunch and headed a short distance to the Saguaro
National Park Visitor Center and drove the loop scenic road, which started out
paved and became a dirt/gravel road. I was interesting and we did a short
desert walk among the tall Saguaro Cacti. As we departed, we agreed that of all
the National Parks and Monuments we have visited that this one is our least favorite
but glad we visited.










No comments:
Post a Comment