We arrived in Eloy Arizona on October 29 2018 and are
getting ready to return to Ohio.
This has been an interesting winter Arizona, like the rest
of the country, has had unusual weather, it has been cold, windy and rainy. We
wore our winter coats most every morning, jackets in the afternoons and when
the sun started to set it got mighty chilly about 4:30 PM every day. The good news
is there was no snow or freezing temperatures.
Before we left Ohio, I had an eye exam and found I had
cataracts and the new glasses did not help. I made an appointment and found I
also have macular pucker in both eyes as well as the cataracts. The doc
recommended just doing the left eye starting with the cataract. That was
finally done in February and there was not enough time here to get the second
surgery so it will wait until Ohio.
We did not do much sightseeing while in Arizona.
We did
travel to Tortilla Flats, nice scenic drive, and visited a wonderful G-scale
train layout at the Superstition Mountain Museum Rail Road that had so much
detail it looked real.
I helped a couple of friends with work on their campers and
constructed a stained-glass window for a friend’s 5th wheel that
will be installed when we meet them in Hot Springs Arkansas on our way home. I
also made a stained-glass panel for our pantry door.
Karen has been busy reading, coloring, visiting friends and
Thursday night Bingo having a few Bingos probably wining enough to pay for the
games and having fun. We have been visiting, with friends.
When we leave, we have an appointment in Cochise Arizona to
have disc brakes installed on the camper and we will be visiting a few more
National Parks, Saguaro near Tucson, Big Bend in southern Texas and Hot
Springs, Arkansas. We plan on spending a week in the Pigeon Forge area then
head home.











No comments:
Post a Comment