Getting ready for 2015 travels

Click on image for larger view.
Click on no comments to leave one.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday 7-10


Today started out with thunder and lightning at 5:30 am. We drove to the turnpike and stopped at the first travel plaza for coffee and something to eat. We tried the Burger King breakfast sandwich with tater tots and coffee, well never again most went into the trash. I kept my coffee for a while then stopped at the next travel plaza and got Starbucks. Rained hard as we got back to the truck and popped a CD in which started out with birds chirping then soft music, just didn’t fit the morning and I was still un-easy about the trip with all the health stuff going on. We then put Steve Stimler’s CD in and started to enjoy the morning then when Steve started singing “If Only I Can Imagine” the rain stopped and the skies started to clear and sunshine was upon us, what can I say except as we listened to Steve and Bonnie my anxiety started to fade and peace came over me, when he got to “I’ve Got Joy” I started picking up speed! The rest of the day was mostly sunny and uneventful except for some construction delays. We traveled 435 miles (10 hours) which will be the longest day of our entire trip. We arrived at the campground about 2:30 Central Time near Utica IL, set up and went for ice cream at Twisty Freeze. Well that was pretty much day one with God’s wonderful grace.

Photo of The Day

No comments:

Post a Comment